Daily Clips: January 31, 2017
Parties of the left…wake up! Here’s a wonderful quote from the piece:
“To start, center-left parties must:
- Put working-class economics front and center.
- See the country’s challenges through the lives of working people and be skeptical of conventional wisdom emanating from the elites in metropolitan center.
- Acknowledge frontally that immigration needs to be better controlled and people are right to want a framework that includes real borders, new migrants contributing through taxes and learning the country’s language, and a framework where citizens receive greater benefits than non-citizens.
- Take on the elite, big money special interests that play too big a role and are the prime drivers of economic and social inequality.
- Offer much bigger economic vision and policies.”
Paul Ryan urges Republicans to back travel ban despite anger over rollout: I cannot tell you how much I despise this man. He is a coward. He is a snake.
Three reasons trickle-down tax cuts don’t work: Excellent article by Jared Bernstein and Ben Spielberg.
Tweet of the day:
Orrin Hatch (R-UT) is OUTRAGED Dems are boycotting committee hearing. No doubt he felt the same when GOP wouldn't allow a Supreme Court vote
— Robert Elisberg (@relisberg) January 31, 2017